This recipe is one of my favourites, it’s super easy to make and very filling. I originally found it this recipe on The Londoners blog (here) and I try and make it at least once a month.
How to make Swedish Meatballs:
500g meatballs (pork or quron if your a vegetarian)
knob of butter
1 tbsp plain flour
300ml chicken stock
1 tbsp mustard
1-2 tbsp Worcester sauce (i love it so i usually add more but do it to taste)
1 tsp honey
300ml double cream
salt and pepper
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Drop a knob of butter in and melt it until it covers the bottom of the pan.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over your meatballs.
3. Fry and keep moving the meatballs around until brown all over.
4. Preheat your oven to 100c when your meatballs are cooked transfer them to an oven-proof dish and keep warm in the oven.
5. Using the fat left in the pan, tilt to one side, add the flour and stir until you have a smooth paste. Add your stock, turn the heat up and bring to the boil.
6. Let it bubble away and thicken (this may take sometime, don’t give up or add extra flour just keep stirring)
7. Add your mustard, honey and Worcester sauce. Turn down the heat (medium).
8. Remove the meatballs from the oven and pour the cream into the sauce. Stir all together and add the meatballs.
9. Let it bubble away for a few minutes till its warmed through.
10. Serve with mash potato or my personal favourite a nice tiger roll.
Jess & The SGO