I love a good soup at any time of the year and i prefer to make them rather than buy them as i find it lasts longer, fresher and you know exactly what went into it.
This recipe is something I found online from a student food site and I couldn’t wait to try it and wanted to share it all with you.
I always try and and buy seasonal food, but this can be expensive especially when buying fresh, so for this recipe it requires frozen parsnips and an onion and very little else.
How to make Spicy Parsnip Soup:
10 medium/small (if large parsnips use 6-7 ) Frozen Parsnips
Mild Curry Powder (to taste- if you like spicy food i suggest adding more but start off with a little curry powder and add a bit each time, as you can add spicy but you can’t take it away).
Vegetable bullion granules.
1. Place parsnips in a saucepan and add water until nearly a top of the parsnips.
2. Bring to a simmer until parsnips are soft.
3. Add the onion and curry powder to taste. (Two to Three teaspoons of curry powder is best)
4. Mix up the vegetable bullion granules according to packet instructions.
5. Use a stick blender for a nice smooth soup. Don’t get disheartened it may take a little while to get it completely smooth, but stick at it.
6. Serve with bread and say goodbye to any hunger pains.
For me to make this soup it cost: £5 including the stock and curry powder.
Hope you enjoy this lovely soup and share your versions with us on twitter: @StudentGoffice.
Jess & the SGO