Tomorrow Jonathon Porritt will be visiting Canterbury Christ Church University and holding a public lecture on the topic: Will we ever understand the true value of Nature?
It seems as if we’ve been talking for ever about different ways of valuing the natural world. Concepts like ‘natural capital’ and ‘valuing eco-system services’ have become commonplace for a small professional élite, but it’s still difficult to detect any profound change in the business-as-usual mindsets that still prevail amongst developers, economists and politicians. How can we ensure that such a critical body of knowledge and insight is embedded as the norm in all key economic development and planning decisions?
Who Is Jonathon Porritt?
- He is the Founder Director of Forum for the Future
- Eminent writer, such as: The World we Made: Alex McKay’s story from 2050 & Capitalism As if the World Matters
- Broadcaster and commentator on Sustainable development
- Co-Founder of The Prince of Wales’s Business and Sustainability Programme which runs seminars for senior executives around the world.
- Non-Executive of Willmott Dixon Holdings, a Trustee of the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy, and is involved in the work of many NGOs and charities as Patron, Chair or Special Advisor.
- Formerly Director of Friends of the Earth (1984-90)
- Co-Chair of the Green Party (1980-83) of which he is still a member
- Chairman of UNED-UK (1993-96)
- Chairman of Sustainability South West, the South West Round Table for Sustainable Development (1999-2001)
- Jonathan received a CBE in January 2000 for services to environmental protection.
- A Trustee of WWF UK (1991-2005)
- Member of the Board of the South West Regional Development Agency (1999-2008)
- Jonathon was installed as the Chancellor of Keele University in February 2012.
If you would like to attend the public lecture tomorrow (Thursday 26th March 2015). Book Here.
Jess & The SGO