There is nothing like an ice cold drink on a hot summers day to keep you cool and refreshed.
Here are a couple of my favourite iced cold drinks that you can enjoy at any time of the day. If your like me and end up as driver you can still enjoy a nice drink or two and wake up refreshed the next morning.
I love a cup of coffee in the morning to kick start my day but in the heat its the last thing I want. However one of my favourite bloggers ‘The Londoner’ has invented her own iced latte that you can easily make yourself and enjoy over and over again. To make your own iced Latte visit here.
My coffee-bergs are in the freezer as I type this and I can’t wait to have one tomorrow morning.
Or if you are someone who doesn’t have time or like breakfast making a nice cold smoothie to drink is just for you. I made this smoothie the other day before heading to the gym and it was perfect.
You will need:
handful of frozen blueberries/raspberries
1 lime juice
handful of ice cubes.
1. Put everything into your blender and blend together until all the fruit and ice has crushed down and mixed together. Fill your glass or bottle with your smoothie and enjoy. Really very simple and cheap to make. I got my frozen fruit from Alidi.
One of my all time favourite drinks to have with my lunch or dinner is Home-made pink lemonade, my favourite restaurant makes a superb pink lemonade and I had to try making this myself at home.
You will need:
8 lemons, plus extra to serve
200g caster sugar, plus extra to taste
140g raspberries, plus extra to serve
ice, to serve
1. Remove the zest from your lemons with a peeler (try not to remove any pith)
2. Juice the lemons and mix the juice, zest, sugar and raspberries with 1.2 boiling water.
3. Let it cool, then seize pressing the juice through with the back of a spoon
4. Add sugar to taste and chill in a jug
5. To serve, add a few lemon slices, raspberries and lots of ice.
Please let us know what your favourite refreshing drinks to have in the summer and how to make them?
Jess & SGO