It’s the peak of summertime now! And if you’re like me, not only are you trying to get that perfect beach body, but you want to look and feel good too. So why not try out some handy homemade beauty tips. Firstly you can help your skin and your completion so much just by the following 5 steps:
- Drink lots of water – drinking 8 glasses of water a day, not only helps hydrate you but it can relieve you from fatigue, which is what can make our faces look dull and tired. Did you know it can also help your face stay fresh and acne free.
- A good night’s sleep – Having a horrible sleep can make you look tired and irritable. It also causes dark circles under our eyes. Going to bed at a regular time helps your beauty sleep, giving your skin time to repair itself. 7-8 hours is the recommended sleeping time that is needed to stay healthy and keep your skin stay healthy too!
- Exfoliating your skin – Exfoliating insures you remove all those dead and dry skin cells that builds up on our skin, making us appear tired. You don’t need to go out and buy the expensive exfoliating scrubs, try making your own. I have used an Oatmeal exfoliating scrub, and it makes my skin feel silky smooth J Check out how to make it below.
- Remove your makeup before bed– It is very important we give our skin a chance to breathe, so removing any makeup before bed is vital to our skins health. Homemade makeup removal can be used and great for your skin too. Check out how to make it below.
- Exercise: Not only is exercising good for our health and help you get that beautiful beach body, it helps increase blood circulation, which boosts the health of your skin. It is also a great stress relieve.
Exfoliating face mask.
Oats and lemon face mask:
Things you will need:
- 1 tbsp. of oats; cooked and mashed (helps reduce inflammation and heals the skin).
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice (lemon helps lighten the skin tone).
- If you have sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with water.
- Mix the above ingredients and apply on the face by massaging into the skin.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry.
Make up remover
If you don’t want to make your own makeup remover, insure it is a water based cleanser.
For homemade ones the best is virgin olive oil. It removes eye and face makeup.
- Blend half cup of virgin olive oil and castor oil.
- Apply it on your face and gently massage. Use the oil to remove all the eye makeup gently.
- Now dip the washcloth in warm water and wring out the excess moisture.
- Place it on your face and keep it for a minute and then wipe out the excess oil.
- This simple oil cleansing routine will remove all impurities.
I hope these homemade beauty tips helps you feel refreshed! Any feedback would be great, even send in some photos through twitter using #studentgoffice J
Michaela and SGO